Search This Blog

[News] Orubebe Says: I Will Send ‘A Good Reply’ To Buhari For Mocking Me



Former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Godsday Orubebe has said he would respond to President Muhammadu Buhari’s seemingly mockery of him later this week.
The President faulted the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for not inviting the former minister to a 2018 Democracy Day Lecture.
Buhari, speaking at the lecture in Abuja, said he wished Orubebe attended the lecture to listen to ex-chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission Professor Attahiru Jega, who was the guest lecturer.
”Here, I must digress and raise an observation about the programme organizers because I did not see Mr. Orubebe who ought to have come and listen to Professor Jega deliver his lecture; this is a major observation,” Buhari said.
“That instance, for those of us who were lucky that there was light and we had the television to see the confrontation between Orubebe and Prof Jega, it will remain a life impression to many of us.”
Orubebe was ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s agent during that year’s presidential election.
He caused a stir by standing up to Jega while the results were being broadcast live, and accused the INEC boss of partiality.
It was learned that Jonathan’s intervention saved the day.
And reacting to Buhari’s barb aimed at him, Orubebe said he would soon send his reply to Buhari.
He said he was in his village when contacted.
“I am in the village. When I come back, I am going to talk to the press,” he told The Nation.
“I’m going to send him a good reply but not here, not now.”
“No, no, I will not speak about that now. I will be back next [this] week; just wait till then,” he restated.

No comments